Photo by Kim Lawrence
- Go skating in Market Square. Open daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Check out Sparkles in the Park. Nightly at Riverside Park (5:30-9:30 p.m.) from Saturday December 13 until Wednesday, December 31.
- Shop at the Hand Made Market. Local crafts, zines, silkscreen things, enamel mugs and other handmade treasures. Saturday, December 3 (11 a.m. to 4 p.m.) at Silence, 46 Essex St.
- Go see St. Joseph's Festival of Trees. Stroll through the forest of over 50 delightfully decorated Christmas trees at River Run Centre and share the magic of the season. Until December 23.
- Stay Out of the Mall (XIII). See METZ, Weaves and Badminton Racquet at the eBar Friday December 12.
- Experience the sights and sounds of a Victorian Christmas at Deck the Halls. The Guelph Civic Museum’s first floor exhibition space has been transformed into a Victorian-era parlour using artefacts from the museum’s permanent collection. Tuesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Shop for unique gifts (and fresh food) at the Guelph Farmers' market. Saturday, 7 a.m. to noon.
- Go walkin' in a winter wonderland. Trails along the river, at the Arboretum and in Preservation Park are beautiful when it's snowy. Take photos and share them on twitter with the #guelphonography hashtag.
- Check out Christmas light displays. Take a tour through your neighbourhood and around the city.