On this, the eve of the May Health Challenge, I've decided to share my five favourite places to walk.
- The Arboretum - at the University of Guelph, especially Wild Goose Woods / Swamp
- Preservation Park, a 27 hectare urban forest on Kortright that connects with the Hanlon Creek Conservation area.
- Ignatius Jesuit Centre - walking trails and naturalized areas
- Guelph Lake Conservation Area - trails and a man-made lake. GORBA's trail map is a great resource.
- Eramosa River Trail - follows the river from the Timber Bridge to Victoria Road.
More information on Guelph and area trails is available on Guelph Area Trails and from the City of Guelph.
If you have a great place to recommend, please leave a comment!